Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall morning

Tamsin and I were the first ones up today (as with every day). We were walking past the bedroom where Mike was still asleep, and Tamsin put her finger to her mouth and said, "Shhhh... QUIET!!" It was so funny because even though the shhh was pretty good, quiet was said in her usual very loud declarative voice.

Then we went for a walk. It started out slow because Tamsin had to pick up and carry every twig we passed along the way. Finally I picked her up. She was chattering away like always, but then I realized she kept saying Y! Y!. I saw she still had one of her twigs and it was forked at one end just like a Y.

Later on we passed a house with pumpkins on a low wall. I noticed them because I heard Tamsin counting 1...2...3...4...5...6 Pumps!! (how pumpkin sounds for her). I looked over, and, sure enough, there were 6 pumpkins in a row. Here they are:

No comments: